Microsoft Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20231 Released with OOBE
According to report, Microsoft (American Multinational Company) has released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20231 on 7th October 2020 to Dev Channel Insiders. The company has released the ISO files for the build as well. Those Windows Insiders want to perform a clean install of this new build they can download the files from Microsoft right now.
Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20231 comes with a new out-of-box experience (OOBE) that allows Windows 10 users to customize the tools and services Windows will suggest to get them started. At this time, this new feature doesn’t work, but you can see this feature because UI is implemented and test it out with clean install of this build.
Depending on what Windows Insiders select, they may notice different options presented in Out-of-box experience (OOBE). Microsoft Company stated that this new feature is rolling out to subset of Windows Insiders in Dev Channel and once the company ensured that this feature is improving the performance instead triggering issues, then they will be gradually rolled out to each Insider in Dev Channel.
If you want to see “OOBE” a new feature, then you will need to reset your PC and clean install of Windows 10 of this new build. You can easy get the ISO for Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20231 from Microsoft Office website.
What’s new in Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20231? Let’s take a look:
- Out-Of-Box Experience (OOBE): Microsoft exploring adding a page to Windows setup i.e., OOBE feature to help better understand how you plan to use your device and aid in customizing your device given your intended usage. Depending on what you select, you may notice different options presented in OOBE. However, you will need to clean install of this new build to access this feature.
- Enterprise customers can modify file associations: With Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20231, Enterprise customers will be able to modify file associations on per-user or per-device basis which will apply to existing users and users with new deployments. In other word, IT admins can now set which apps will automatically open various files types or links. For example, the files will be opened in your organizations’ preferred app.
- Meet Now: Meet Now is available to all Windows Insiders in Dev Channel in the Windows 10 Taskbar
- “Enable display graphics card information” Settings changed: Microsoft is starting to roll out a change to enable displaying graphics card information i.e., you need to go to “Settings > System > About” path to do so, while some Windows Insiders may see this on their PCs.
Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20231: Bug fixes
- Fixed the vEthernet Adapter disconnecting Inside of Windows SubSystem for Linux
- Fixed a problem that could result in your ALT + Tab order changing unexpectedly sand leading you to switch to the wrong window
- Resolved an issue that could result in Action Center and Notifications buttons not being visible after switching between High Contrast Black and High Contrast White
- Resolved the problem where if the PC was locked using with Narrator running, dismissing the lock screen wouldn’t announce the signed in username of login screen
- Fixed an issue where “Show Audio alerts visually” option under “Settings > Ease of Access > Audio was not functioning or working for incoming” notifications
- Fixed an issue resulting in audio and microphone glitches over Bluetooth for certain devices
- Resolved an issue impacting Task View reliability
- Fixed an issue resulting in Settings hanging on launch for some Windows Insiders
- Fixed an issue resulting in Windows Hello setup camera preview in OOBE displaying in wrong position in case if you rotated your device into portrait mode during setup
- Resolved the problem resulting in systemsettingsbroker.exe crashing for some insiders
- Fixed the problem where HideRecentJumplists MDM Policy wasn’t taking effect
- Duplicate Cloud provider entries appearing in the File Explorer navigation pane. This problem has now fixed with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20231 release
- Fixed an issue resulting in PDF previews no longer displaying in File Explorer
- Resolved the problem resulting in the touch keyboard unexpectedly dismissing after setting focus to the search box in File Explorer
- Resolved the issue where when typing the Chinese PinYin IME, if your text included an apostrophe, then after finalizing your composition by pressing shift the result would display a garbled characters.
Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20231 is now available for Windows Insiders. If you want to try this new build with a clean install, then you can just go Microsoft website and download ISO files. For any suggestions or queries regarding this new build, please write on comment box below.