How to Update Edge Browser to Build Number 88.0.692.0 on PCs?
According to report, Microsoft (American Multinational Company) has already started to roll out the new update for Edge browser in “Dev Channel” with build number 88.0.692.0. This new Edge version allows the users to pin websites to “Start Menu”. It means you can easily access to your favorite websites from start menu with this new Edge browser update.
Microsoft Edge build number 88.0.692.0 – new Edge browser also enabled the support for Guided Switch on Mac, added the ability for Kiosk Mode to open all popups in new tabs instead of Windows and several new features with bug fixes including hang during navigation, crash when opening certain PDFs, crash when syncing collections and other known issues has been fixed. You can download/install and update Microsoft Edge Dev on your PC and check & see all the aforesaid changes in new update.
How to update Microsoft Edge on PC from “Edge browser”?
To get latest Microsoft Edge version, you can follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Menu” or “Three-dots” in the top-right corner of window
Step 2: Select “Help and feedback > About Microsoft Edge” options from menu
Step 3: In next page, you can check for updates. If update is available, then you can download it here. If you have the new Edge version, it will say “Microsoft Edge is up-to-date”
How to update Microsoft Edge through Windows update in “Settings” App?
Step 1: Open “Settings” App in your Windows 10
Step 2: Go to “Update & Security > Windows Update” and click on “Check for updates”. If there is an update available, Windows will notify you. Updates for Edge browser will be listed as “Optional updates”. Click on “Download and Install Now” to apply the update
Note: You can also download Microsoft Edge build number 88.0.692.0 – new Edge Dev from “Microsoft Edge Insider Channels”.
Microsoft Edge build number 88.0.692.0: List of Improvements and bug fixes
- New Edge Dev update Added the ability to pin a website to the Start Menu.
- Build number 88.0.692.0- Edge browser Enabled support for Guided Switch on Mac.
- Added the ability for Kiosk Mode to open all popups in new tabs instead of windows.
- Resolved a crash when opening certain PDFs.
- Fixed a crash when syncing Collections.
- Fixed a hang during navigation.
- Resolved the bug where some PDFs opened straight from the internet fail to load.
- Fixed a crash on launch when Edge is set to restore the previous session.
- Fixed an issue where uninstalling a website installed as an app sometimes crashes the browser.
- The bug “webpages sometimes flicker or flash constantly” has been resolved with new update
- Fixed an issue where the button to close an InPrivate window doesn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where work or school users sometimes don’t see the personalization or changes away from the default that they expect to see on the new tab page.
- Resolved the problem where the Force Sync management policy didn’t work when using on-premises profiles.
- Fixed an issue where the new tab page shows an error that “Something is wrong” when certain management policies are applied.
- Resolved an issue where pages sometimes don’t have images properly added to their entries in a Collection.
That’s all. You can enjoy this new Microsoft Edge version with build number 88.0.692.0 on your PCs/Laptop. We have already provided instructions on “How to update Edge browser on PC” so you can read & follow the instructions mentioned above to do so. For any suggestions or queries, please write on comment box below.